The perfect steak is simplicity at its best, and the only ingredients you need are the meat itself, and salt & pepper to season it!
The flavour of a good cut of steak comes from the fat. This is because the meat is surrounded by the fat while it cooks, which results in ultimate flavour retention, and with the ribeye having the highest fat content of all cuts of steak, you can be sure that it’s one of the most flavoursome cuts going.
- Make sure the steak is at room temperature before cooking, and preheat pan to a high heat – we recommend using a heavy duty frying pan or cast iron skillet
- Season the ribeye on both sides with salt & pepper
- Add a little olive oil to the pan
- Put the steaks on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for the perfect medium-rare, 4 to 5 minutes for the perfect medium, or 6 to 7 minutes for medium well
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
- Tuck in!